This grain free cholent has so much flavor and texture, you won’t miss the barley and beans!! I love that I can eat a huge bowl of cholent without feeling bloated and this recipe is great for Passover too. Who doesn’t love a cholent you can eat all year long?!? PS. You seriously must add the kabocha squash because it mimics a potato and makes the cholent thicker. If you don’t know how to pronounce “kabocha”, check out this hilarious video and let me know how you say it! To go along with the cholent, you can even make this Low Fat, Low Carb Kishke!
Grain Free Cholent
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 3 cups cubed kabocha squash (keep the skin on)
- 2 cups cubed turnips
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp sugar free ketchup (or 1 Tbsp regular ketchup)
- 24 oz. low sodium beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- Place cubed turnips in bottom of crockpot then top with meat, kabocha squash and cauliflower rice.
- Sprinkle with salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper then drizzle with ketchup.
- Pour broth over cholent, cover and cook on low for AT LEAST 8-10 hours.