I’ve eaten a ton of matzah pizza in my day and I can’t believe I’ve never thought to crack an egg right in the center! I’m not talking about frying up an egg and placing it on top of your matzah pizza…no, I’m talking about baking that egg right into the cheese and sauce. The matzah underneath softens up like matzah brei and the edges stay all crunchy and delicious. I used Les Petites Fermieres Kosher For Passover Shredded Pizza Cheese on this breakfast matzah pizza and even sprinkled it with a hefty portion of Natural and Kosher parmesan at the end. Cheese everywhere!!!
I mean, come on! Just look at THAT!
I just love a runny egg! Don’t you?!?!
- 1 sheet matzah
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup Les Petites Fermieres Shredded Pizza Cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- dried chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread tomato sauce on the sheet of matzah then sprinkle with the pizza cheese. Carefully crack an egg in the center of the cheese, making sure not to break the yolk.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted, the egg white is set and yolk is bright orange and still runny. Cook 5 minutes longer if you don’t want a runny yolk.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, parmesan and chili flakes. Devour!