I seriously can’t believe this is my first time grilling a pizza! Maybe it’s because my grill is meat and usually, my pizza is covered in cheese but today I went in a completely different direction. Thanks to Grow and Behold and their delicious Rose Veal, I was inspired to try something new and it was worth the effort! This is the PERFECT pizza for your summer barbecues!
So let’s talk about G&B and Rose Veal for a second…growandbehold.com sells kosher pastured meats raised on a small-family run farm. Happy animals = tasty meat, right?!? So this leads me to the cut of the day, which is this beautiful Rose Veal! The veal we normally think of (and the reason it’s so controversial) comes from young calves that were raised in small confines so they couldn’t move and were fed a low-iron diet so they would become anemic and produce pale colored meat. But Rose Veal, on the other hand, comes from calves that eat an all natural diet with no hormones and are raised outdoors on the pasture with plenty of room to graze and move around. You don’t have to feel bad eating Rose Veal and the flavor is 10 times better than regular veal. It’s a win-win for everyone!
There’s still time to order for July 4th so get your orders in soon!!! Click HERE and use the code KTVeal15 for $15 off your first order of $100+! Expires 7/31/2015
Rose veal short ribs, barbecued to perfection just an hour before your friends and family come over and then you can make the pizza to order…or not! Hey, they can eat what you make them, right?!? Pizza on the grill topped with grilled rose veal short ribs, grilled jalapeños, sweet pineapple and arugula. What a show-stopper! Once all of the ingredients are prepped, the pizza cooks in under 10 minutes and the flavor is outrageous.
Just look at that veal!!!
- 1 pre-made pizza dough, room temperature
- Grilled Grow and Behold Rose Veal Short Ribs (recipe below)
- 2 jalapeños, grilled
- 1 4-oz. can crushed pineapple, strained
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 pounds Grow and Behold Short Ribs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil on both sides of the short ribs then sprinkle with the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and rub it into the meat. Wrap the veal tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, remove the veal from the fridge and bring to room temperature on the counter for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees F. then place the short ribs on the grill, close the barbecue and cook for 30 minutes. Turn over the short ribs, close the barbecue and cook for 30 more minutes. Remove the veal short ribs from the grill and set on a cutting board. Cover the veal with foil to keep warm.
- Prepare the toppings: chop the veal short ribs into small pieces, slice the jalapeño (you can remove the seeds if you don’t want the extra heat), drain the crushed pineapple and have the arugula ready by the grill.
- Slice the pre-made pizza dough into two pieces and stretch each one into a thin circle. Drizzle both sides of the dough with a bit of olive oil then carefully place the dough rounds on the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the top of the dough begins to bubble.
- Flip over the pizza dough then add the toppings: first the veal, then the jalapeño and pineapple and top with the arugula. Cover the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the grill, place on a cutting board, slice and eat!