I am about to blow your mind with these pancakes! I know I make a lot of over-the-top recipes with tons of ingredients on Kitchen Tested but this recipe is the exact opposite. Only 4 ingredients to the best Passover pancakes I’ve ever had. And the best part? No boxed Passover products to be seen!!! I seriously made these pancakes (adapted from this recipe on Civilized Caveman Cooking) without a blog post in mind and when I took the first bite, I realized that these NEEDED to be posted as soon as possible so everyone can make them. My camera phone quickly came out to take some pictures before the pancakes were all gone. You can certainly double or triple this recipe and freeze for later but this pancake batter is so quick and easy to put together, it might take you more time to warm up the pre-made pancakes then it would be to make a fresh batch. Enjoy!
*Fluffy Pancake Tip: don’t press down on the pancakes after you flip them. I know you want to! I always want to also because I think the pancakes will cook faster. But pressing down on the pancakes makes them dense.
Yields 8-10 pancakes
- 2 large eggs (or 1 extra large egg)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- chocolate chips
- toasted coconut
- pure maple syrup
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat until very hot, around 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Whisk in the eggs then add the almond butter and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- You can add chocolate chips, blueberries or anything else you can think of to the batter.
- With an ice cream scoop or large spoon, pour the batter on to the skillet and cook on one side until bubbles form around the edges of the pancakes, around 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the cooked pancakes from the skillet, stack, top with pure maple syrup and other fun toppings and eat!