As a type 1 diabetic and a self-proclaimed carb-aholic, I am always looking for new ways to balance my disease and my love of all things sugar. When I learned about these guilt free, zero calorie, soy free, gluten free shirataki noodles (whew, say that 10 times in a row) by Miracle Noodles, I was more than curious to try them out. How are these noodles calorie and carb free, you ask?!? They are made out konjac root, which produces a natural fiber that is really healthy for you, without any other ingredients. It slows digestion and prolongs the sensation of fullness, which is so amazing! Since they have no flavor whatsoever, you can basically make them taste like whatever you want. The Miracle Noodles come in all different shapes, including angel hair, fettuccine, ziti and rice, so you can use them in place of practically any noodle dish you can think of. One thing to remember is that these noodles don’t absorb sauces like regular carb-filled pasta so you have to keep that in mind when cooking with them. But I’m so excited to have found a “pasta” that I can eat whenever I want without pumping my body with insulin. If you’re wondering about the brown sugar in this dish, I will remind you that I am looking for balance in my diet and by infusing the pasta with brown sugar, I get the sweetness I’m always craving! Enjoy this recipe and I hope you go out and buy some Miracle Noodles soon! Click here to find a location near you.
A few notes while making these noodles: when you first open the bag, the noodles have a funky smell. Once you wash them under cold water, the smell goes away completely. The texture of the noodle does not change after cooking.
Brown Sugar Infused Miracle Noodles
3 bags (7 oz. each) Miracle Noodles Angel Hair Pasta
6 cups water
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 chicken breast, sliced
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
4 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
chives, for garnish
sesame seeds, for garnish
When working with Miracle Noodles, the first step is to wash and boil the noodles. I opened the bags of angel hair pasta and emptied the contents into a colander and rinsed thoroughly in cold water for one minute. I brought 2 cups of water to a boil, sprinkled with salt, added the noodles and boiled for 3 minutes. I drained the noodles and squeezed out the excess water with some paper towels. I cut the noodles into smaller pieces with scissors and they were ready to add to my dish.
I brought 4 cups of water, the olive oil, brown sugar, salt and black pepper to a boil. I added the angel hair Miracle Noodles, lowered the heat to medium-low and simmered the noodles in the brown sugar mixture for 30 minutes.
I drained the Miracle Noodles, now infused with the brown sugar mixture, and set them aside. I heated the olive oil in a large saucepan set on medium-high heat. I added the garlic and ginger and cooked for 1 minutes. I added the chicken and soy sauce, covered the pan and cooked the chicken for 12 minutes.
I flipped the chicken and continued cooking the chicken for another 5 minutes. I sprinkled the chicken with brown sugar and cooked it until the sugar melted.
I added the brown sugar infused Miracle Noodles and stirred to combine. I topped the dish with chopped chives and sesame seeds then served.
Disclaimer: This blog post has been sponsored by Miracle Noodles. Thank you for the opportunity to test your incredible product in my kitchen and review it right here on Kitchen Tested. I look forward to trying your other products soon!
- 3 bags (7 oz. each) Miracle Noodles Angel Hair Pasta
- 6 cups water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 chicken breast, sliced
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- chives, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- When working with Miracle Noodles, the first step is to wash and boil the noodles. Open the bags of angel hair pasta and empty the contents into a colander and rinse thoroughly in cold water for one minute.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, sprinkle with salt, add the noodles and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and squeeze out the excess water with some paper towels. Cut the noodles into smaller pieces with scissors and they are ready to add to the dish.
- Bring 4 cups of water, the olive oil, brown sugar, salt and black pepper to a boil.
- Add the angel hair Miracle Noodles, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer the noodles in the brown sugar mixture for 30 minutes.
- Drain the Miracle Noodles, now infused with the brown sugar mixture, and set them aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add the chicken and soy sauce, cover the pan and cook for 12 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and continue cooking the chicken for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with brown sugar and cook it until the sugar melts.
- Add the brown sugar infused Miracle Noodles and stir to combine. Top the dish with chopped chives and sesame seeds then serve.